LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS
Love Our Neighborhoods is about inspiring and encouraging people to intentionally develop relationships with their immediate neighbors. Our hope is that the people become a part of this campaign will move from strangers to acquaintances, and from acquaintances to relationships with the people who live near them.
Imagine a city where caring for your neighbor and your neighborhood creates a dynamic that ultimately changes your city, neighborhood by neighborhood.
It’s not complicated. Just start by engaging in conversation, hosting neighborhood events and activities, and cultivating relationships by genuinely engaging with all those who live near you.
Want to know more about connecting with your neighbors? Here are a few suggestions. Click on the links for ideas on how to be involved in your neighborhood.
1) Print Love Our Neighborhoods Card and start filling out each of the surrounding homes with the names of those who live around you.
2) Read through “50 Ways to Love Your Neighbors” PDF and start meeting and getting to know your neighbors. If you and your neighbors are interested in having a Block Party, make sure you read through the Neighborhood Block Party Kit PDF for some helpful ideas.
3) Consider Joining or starting the Movement - click here!
4) Consider beginning a Neighborhood Watch for your neighborhood. Click here for more information: Neighborhood Watch Program
5) Share your story with us via Facebook or Instagram about your Neighborhood and what is happening! Find us here: fb, instagram.
Contact Us with any questions, we have an experienced team who can help you Love Your Neighborhood.
Another great way to serve your neighbors is to be prepared for a crisis situation. There are several ways you can prepare yourself and your family. we will post dates or links as they become available to us.
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) training available through the Orange Police Department.
Emergency Preparedness Training