- Project List
- Assisting with Providing Core Services for the Orange Unhoused
Assisting with Providing Core Services for the Orange Unhoused
2 have signed up & 48 openings remain.
Come be a part of helping those that are unhoused in the City of Orange!
The City of Orange, in partnership with local non-profit organizations, including Love Orange and The Hub, will provide on-site food, mail pick-up, shower facilities, and access to laundry services to Orange unhoused individuals on Struck Ave with the goals of assisting them in getting access to shelters, health, social and financial resources.
Volunteer opportunities may include support with, but not limited to:
- Information Booth – taking information and directing unhoused individuals
- Food Services – distributing packed lunches to unhoused individuals
- Mail Services – organizing mail in the training room, a runner- to and from the Warehouse getting the mail, distributing mail to unhoused individuals
- Shower Services – signing up unhoused individuals for showers, basic cleaning of showers after use
- Laundry Services – signing up unhoused individuals for laundry services, managing laundry services
Days and times to volunteer are as follows:
Monday - Saturday
Shift 1: 8:30 - Noon
Shift 2: 11:30 - 3:00pm
*Please specify what day and time you are available to volunteer in the comments section.
Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes and are encouraged to use sunscreen, and have a hearty meal before they arrive. Snacks and water will be provided. Minimum age to volunteer for this project is 18.
Full-time and Part-time Staff will lead these services along with Police and other City Departments.